Counselling for Grief & LossHave you experienced a loss that has left you feeling overwhelmed?
Grief and Loss is a human experience that can create great devastation and disruption to everyday life.
Grief and Loss can be experienced in a wide variety of situations of change. The loss of a loved one, the loss of a pet, the loss of a job, the loss of health and many more. You are going to experience your own journey at your own pace and in your own way. There is no right or wrong emotion or experience when it comes to grief and loss.
Your Emotions Are Normal
- You often get the message from others in your life that you should be over the grief and loss by now and that you need to move on.
- Many people speak about how their family and friends no longer have the interest in hearing about their grief and loss, which is why counselling can be a great avenue for this needed communication.
- Your journey is going to be very individual. No two people will experience exactly the same journey.
- Where you are currently on your journey is where you are supposed to be.
Grief & Loss Are Traumatic
- Your experience of grief and loss can be traumatic. The brain reacts in certain ways to traumas.
- Feeling like it is hard to make decisions and like your brain is in a fog is normal.
- Building new resources for your tool box enables you to return to focus and functioning.
Grief & Loss Come in Many Forms
- Grief and Loss feelings can be experienced with many different life events.
- You can experience grief and loss with the loss of a pet, a job or health condition.
- Having somewhere safe to speak about the emotions associated with your loss can be an important part of the process.
- Validating your experience of loss can come in many different forms allows the perspective shift to start to move the emotions.
Connect with nature and yourself today.
Contact us for a free 15 minute phone consultation and see if there’s a good fit for each other.